Drugs & Sports
During the past years the use of performance enhancing
substances in athletics increased at every level of competition.
Student athletes have used different supplements including
vitamins and minerals, amino acid supplements, anabolic steroids
and other anabolic substances, stimulants, painkillers, and a
illegal street drugs.
Common drugs in sports
Peptide Hormones and Analogues
- Human Growth Hormones (HGH)
- Adrenocorticotropic Hormone (ACTH)
Other Ergogenic Aids
- Erythropoietin (EPO)
- Central Nervous System Stimulants
Other (Adrenergic) Stimulants
Recreational and Street Drugs
the Counter Drugs
- Analgesics (painkillers)
- Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs
What are anabolic steroids
Steroids are hormones.
Anabolic steroids or more precisely,
anabolic/androgenic steroids are also referred
to as ergogenic or performance-enhancing
drugs. They are synthetic derivatives of
testosterone, a natural male hormone.
- Anabolic = growing or building
- Androgenic = masculinization; developing male sexual
For more info call 205 314 5063 or email